Wednesday, September 2, 2009

How to Blog - Organize or Let it Flow?

Well, I'm feeling pretty good so far in my quest to blog.  At least I haven't given up yet, right?  My current confusion is actually stemming from my creative juices not just beginning to flow but to explode in volcano fashion - ideas spewing forth lava like and running amok.
So now, my self-doubting blogging self overthinks this and begins to stress.  Do I choose a topic for a particular day of the week: being a mom and running a business issues on Monday, general parenting on Tuesday, fair trade issues on Wednesday, children's book reviews on Thursday, Monkey Beanz updates and product info on Friday?  If I do this, can I write more than once in a day?  What if I miss a day - does that throw the whole schedule off?
And perhaps now, you are starting to understand why it has taken me so long to actually start and continue this blog.  Yes, yes, I am an analyzer, an overthinker, one who spends too much time in her head, I second guess everything.  But wait, this is my new beginning!  My Monkey Beanz New Year! 
So what is the conclusion?  There isn't one and I will still keep blogging.  I have so many ideas that I will write about on any day whenever it strikes my fancy (and my kids are off at preschool/kindergarten or in bed) and perhaps even sometimes when it doesn't. 
Tomorrow is the first morning that I will experience having both children in school at the same time for several hours and I'm hoping to get over my shock for long enough to blog about it.  Wish me luck!

No comments: