Friday, March 26, 2010

Like Father, Like Daughter

Just have to put this out here for the public because I am awestruck by my artistic children.  When I first met my husband in Thailand, I would watch him create amazing artwork every day in our cement walled 8' x 10' romm we called home.  I was artistic as a child but never had that natural talent that some are born with.  To this day, I love creating art but was surpassed in raw talent by all members of the family long ago.  I will note, thought, that I am one mean colorer.  Give me a coloring book, a new box of Crayolas and I am good for hours. 


But I digress.  So, husband is an amazing artist and our 5 year old daughter has shown artistic talent and a love for all things art from a very young age.  The framed family portrait I did at age 5 hangs framed in our dining room looking quite similar to her renditions at age 3.  This week, however, our newly turned 3 year old shone through with some incredible artwork.  Last night, Daddy and the girls had a long awaited painting session during which the girls were each given their very own stretched canvas to create their masterpieces.  Really, there are no more words necessary.  I'll let the pictures do the talking.


On the left, an older piece of Daddy's. On the right, the masterpiece of Daddy's Little Girl, age 3. 

1 comment:

byn always said...

OMG! That artwork is absolutely STUNNING! I have very artistic kids as well, and I always love seeing other parents who truly appreciate their kids' talents! Great work:)